Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Reasons I love the Fall....

Fall is quickly approaching!! I went outside this morning at about 7am and it was COOL! I know most places are cool in the mornings, but not Texas, so this was a very pleasant surprise! There is also a scent that comes along with Fall. It's very minimal, but it is there. It's like the smell and feel of the air before a rainstorm. You can just smell it. Anyway, I smell Fall air and I felt the breeze, and I am SO EXCITED!
I love the Fall because....
1) Ben and I were engaged through the Fall. The Fall always reminds me of us dating and getting married and it brings those first jitters and new love feelings back into our relationship. When the Fall rolls in just the weather alone reminds me all over again why I love my husband.
2) Ben and I were married in the Fall. Again, cool weather makes me reminisce about our wedding and why I married him!
3) I HATE, no I DETEST, hot weather. I hate hot Texas weather so much that when the Fall rolls in it is that breath of fresh air that I have been needing and yearning for since April.
4) Fall is the start of a new year for me. Yes, January 1st is actually the start of a new year, but school starts in the Fall. Therefore, when I feel and smell the first signs of Fall, I feel like I'm starting a new refreshing year.
5) TV!!! All my favorite shows begin in the Fall! I am really really really looking forward to Grey's Anatomy and several others.
6) And just for Ben.... FOOTBALL season! When we were first married almost 9 years ago I hated football! I didn't grow up in a football house and I didn't understand it. Well, I was jolted quickly into football reality when I married Ben b/c he worships football. UT football to be precise. I went from never thinking about football to eating sleeping and breathing football. Ben has season tickets so I had to get use to him being gone 6-7 Saturdays each Fall. And the biggest adjustment... Thanksgiving and New Years Football. I still admit that I don't particularly enjoy having two of my holidays over-run with football, but it is what it is so I guess I should jump on for the ride. Anyway, I really do love the atmosphere of UT Football games and I really do understand more about a Football game then I ever thought was humanly possible for me. More importantly than all of that though... Ben loves it. If he loves it so much, I can support him and love it too.

I know some of you are laughing that I am going on and on about Fall considering in Texas there really isn't a "Fall". I do like the cooler weather though and I do love the idea of watching leaves change and seeing the earth become beautiful again.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Amen to what you said! I LOVE the fall and I loved the feeling that we had the other day as well. It smelled of fall! It took me back.

Jules said...

I LOVE THE FALL TOO! (for lots of the same reasons) Ah, and I hate the Texas summer heat with a vengence. One day I swear to move somewhere that has 4 seasons. :)