Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random thoughs about exercise

How come I can fairly easily run 2 12-minute miles back to back (24 minutes non-stop), but when I try to run one 10 minute mile I literally think I'm going to die?! Building up endurance sucks.

On a side note... I realized today while at the gym that I'm still fairly athletic and strong. I think I might just have a pretty hot little body hidden away under all that fat.

Hopefully with the excessive amount of exercise I've been doing lately I'll be able to rediscover that hot little body.

Also, did you know that exercising daily curbs your appetite? Well, it does mine. And even better than that? Exercise in the morning AND night and you might as well not eat ever! (Okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but I swear, the more I work out, the less hungry I am all day.)

One more for the road. I don't want to shout from the roof tops quite yet, but I'm down about 3 pounds. My schedule these past two weeks has been as follows: Monday-run 1 mile and weights in the morning. Adult Gymnastics class in the evening (and as Kristine would say, that class is HECKA FUN!!!). Tuesday-Rollerblade for an hour and a half. Wednesday-run 2 miles and weights in the morning. Coach soccer in the evening (more of a workout then you'd assume). Thursday-Rollerblade for an hour and a half. Friday-more running and weights. Saturday and Sunday-off. Ben and I may start up Racketball again too. Now THAT is fun!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I can't wait for the Texas-TCU game tomorrow.

Ben said...

You're doing awesome!