Monday, September 3, 2007

Hobbies

So I've been bothered lately with the idea that I have no hobbies. Everyone has a hobby, right? Some scrapbook, some watch sports, some play an instrument, etc. Well, there are things I like doing, but I wouldn't consider them a hobby b/c I don't yearn to do them all the time. All I could think of as hobbies for me are taking care of my kids, surfing the internet, and reading celebrity gossip. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Anyway, as I've been becoming more frustrated with the idea that I am so boring that I don't have hobbies, I finally realized I do in fact have a few.
First off, I own my own business. Some may laugh, but I do love maintaining my business site and blog and I love making hair bows - and it does bring in a decent amount of money too!
Second, I like updating all my blogs. I have 3 now. lol
Third, I think my main hobby is exercise. I try to do something 5 days a week. I love to run - mainly a mile or two at a time (on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays), Rollerblade (on Tuesdays and Thursdays), and do my Adult Gymnastics class (on Monday night). I look forward to exercising each day and have fun while I'm there. Now if only it would actually help me shed a few pounds....

And, on a small side note, I would like to brag that today I ran a mile in 11 minutes and one second. This may seem slow to most, but for me, this is great. I've run a 12 and a half minute mile for at least 6 years, so the fact that I've shaved off a minute and a half is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm pretty confident by Wednesday I'll be able to shave off two seconds and come in under 11 minutes. Happy Day!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was going to say you have hobbies-your own company and making hair bows is a big one. I really envy your exercise plan! I need to live by you so you can kick me in the butt. I also like how you have your own personal blog. I think I'm going to do this.