Thursday, September 6, 2007

I don't have a Meth Lab.

How come when I get allergies really bad I can't just buy Sudafed anymore? I was at Costco today and decided to pick up some Claritin-D - Claritin for allergies with sudafedrine (is that spelled right?) - and because it has Sudafed in it, it now gets locked away behind the counter. Now the saying "over the counter" really makes sense. Anyway, not only do they need two forms of identification to purchase anything with Sudafedrine in it, you also can only buy one 15-count box at a time. However, after your buy your 2nd box (minimum of 24 hours later) you then must wait a full 30 days before you may purchase sudafedrine again. So what you are telling me is if I want a month supply I have to buy 15 pills one day, come back the next day and buy 15 more and then wait a full 30 days to re-stock? So if I take one a day then I have to wait 24 hours after I take my last pill to purchase more. Can't I get it just one day early so that I don't have a full blown allergy attack the day I have to go back to the store for my refill?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think that's bad? I'm American, I work in China. I have Sinus and allergies bad and can't get Sudafed here so when I'm home I try to buy a year supply. Last time I had to call the store manager, they wouldn't take my passport as legal ID! They'd accept drivers license but weren't sure about a passport! "It might be fake" hehe idiots and still could only get 30 tabs :P so had my mom buy 30 my dad buy 30 luckily i have a big family.