Friday, September 21, 2007

More randomness

Being sore from head to toe all day every day for 4 weeks is totally worth it if you are actually losing weight. But being sore from head to toe for 4 full weeks and NOT losing a single pound? That is just cruel and unusual punishment. Life isn't fair.

I hate skinny people!

***

Open letter to random people....

Kinsey, seriously!... Do you have ANY other way of communicating besides whining or huffing? I'd really appreciate it!

Travis, you don't have to argue with every single word that comes out of my mouth.

Ben, I cleaned the garage today (again) and I am counting it as TWO additional workouts for the day. Can you help keep it clean this time? Thanks.

***

Oh, another reason I love Fall... Hoodies! I can't wait to bust 'em out!

***

I've over-scheduled myself. I admit it. Some people work well under pressure. I am not one of those people. You know what I do when I have too much on my plate? I decide what is least important (even if I've made a commitment to someone) and I just don't do it. No note. No phone call. I just blow it off and walk away. Yes, I suffer serious guilt over this, but my biggest problem in the first place is my inability to tell anyone NO. If I could say NO from the start I wouldn't get into these situations to begin with.
So, besides the obvious Family, getting the kids to school, etc, my FIRST priority in my life right now is working out. Next would be coaching Travis' soccer team and getting the kids to their gymnastics classes. After that is my adult gymnastics class and then everything else. I'm totally slacking on my hair bow website (I have an order at the moment that I've put off for over a week! ack!) and visiting teaching. (I'm dodging my companion at the moment b/c I'm too embarrassed to face her). What have I totally blown off? PTA. I told them I would be there, I signed up to help out, and now I'm in hiding. I just haven't shown up. I don't have time! I can't even get my laundry done or keep my car clean much less do PTA at a school that Travis will probably only go to for at most his Kindergarten year.
I hate having this dark cloud of guilt hanging over me because I blow people off. I don't want to be unreliable. But in the end, it's easier to duck and hide then have to say NO.

***

I organized my email! I sorted and deleted ALL my email and now I have NOTHING in my inbox! I feel so accomplished.

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOL. I get the same way, and it's easier to just hide. BUT you'll feel better when you face them and just tell them "sorry, I can't do it" and leave it at that.
I so wish we lived closer to work out together. Although it would be a little hard, since I've got two little ones at home. I'm trying to get my home gym going. I'm looking forward to borrowing my Sisters treadmill.
AND, life does suck when you work your butt off and don't lose weight. That's how I am. BUT, you look great in your pictures!

Ben said...

Sorry your three kids are stressing you out so much ;-) You do a much better job at handling it all than you give yourself credit for. Oh, and I'll do better with the garbage.