Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Warts

About 3 months ago I had to take Travis to the dermatologist to get a wart removed from his finger. After the dermatologist was finished freezing his wart off, she looks up at me and says in the sweetest voice,

"You know, you don't have to live with acne like that. There are things we can do to help you get rid of it."

Um, ::blushing:: (Was it really THAT bad?... yes.)

So I made an appointment and came to see her and she gave me this awesome prescription cream I'm suppose to use twice a day after I wash my face.

Well, the stuff works great if I actually use it twice a day, but I slack so I've still got a zit here or there.

But now that summer is here and I've been swimming AND using the zit cream, the chlorine has done wonders for my skin! My face is acne free (not a single tiny pimple or scab anywhere). Now if only I can get rid of the splotches...

So anyway, today Kinsey had to go to a dermatologist (a new one because we aren't in LA anymore so I had to get her one in Austin) to get 4 warts taken off her palm (what is up with all these warts in my family lately?).

The dermatologist never made a single comment to me about my ugly face or my acne. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Let's hope the kids don't need to see a nutritionist for any reason or I'm in huge trouble. "Um, mam, you know you don't HAVE to live with all that fat around your stomach..."

No comments: