Saturday, February 27, 2010

I've got the ITCH

I thought I'd be so happy once I moved out of my house in Dallas and into our apartment in Beverly Hills. Happy that finally I'd get a break from all the renovations. All the painting. All the caulking, and tiling, and caulking, and sanding. I worked on my home in Dallas for a year straight with hardly any breaks. My poor kids were parentless after school each day as I left them to their own devices while I painted, or caulked, or stapled, or sanded yet another project. I couldn't wait to just have a break. And I couldn't have a break at my house because I am so OCD and if I know there was a project to do I just can't sit still until it's done. For example, if I were still at my house, my kitchen cabinets would probably already be painted white. Or a new mantle would already be hung. Or I'd have sewed some window treatments by now. Or what I really wanted to do was paint my front door black.

Anyway, I've been out of my home and here in Beverly Hills for 2 months now and the itch to create or renovate something, anything, is almost more than I can stand! It doesn't help that I subscribe to at least 50 thrifty, home decor, renovate, do it yourself blogs that I read daily. Man I want to go to goodwill so badly and find some awesome piece of furniture for $20 and paint it. I have dreams of turning a horribly ugly buffet into something amazing or finding a gaudy gold mirror and making it beautiful.

But I can't because in 4 months from now we will be loading up a little U-haul trailer and driving back to Texas, and I can't really fit a huge buffet into a small U-haul can I? Also, I can't really refinish a dresser inside my apartment, and my porch is not big enough, and I have no garage, etc.

So I'm trying to curb the itch with other projects. I've made a few things with my kids lately which I'll post later and I've also been shopping at Ross, Marshall's, Goodwill, and Target for sales. I've found some great decorating things at Target recently for mega cheap. If you really dig at Target you can find all sorts of cool stuff for super cheap.

I'll do a post with all my finds once I put the pictures on my computer. For now I just wanted to share how much I REALLY WANT TO REFINISH SOMETHING. I miss my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adult sex personals little rock [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]youth dating prayer[/url] dating sims games http://loveepicentre.com/ advantages and disadvantages of tl dating