Thursday, July 24, 2008

Unconventional buys?

I have a thing for high heels. Whenever I go into a store, I head straight for the dressy high heel isle. I love trying them on, modeling them, and buying them. Funny thing is, I don't like wearing them. I am a comfy shoe kind of girl. I don't care how cute the shoes are, if they aren't comfy, I will not wear them. Except for Sunday to church. I might wear one of my cute pairs of high heels to church unless I'm just totally not in the mood and then I'll just wear my daily staple - Old Navy flip flops. Why do I obsess about cute high heels when I hate wearing them?

1 comment:

Dan and Merideth said...

I think that's a girl thing... i do the same (or its a Bledsoe girl thing.... Oh, i don't know).

Well the truth is, I wear the heals i buy more often than it sounds like you do. Only i have the problem of not having enough comfy shoes for more of a regular basis. At least for right now; if I'm going out ill slip on heals - but i bet one day with kids that will change.

So my only question is.. How did the Old Navy flip-flop make it into your daily shoe selection??? You should go with the wedge! They are super comfy, but they don't destroy your foot and arch the way flip-flops do. One of the reasons why you probably hate heals is because as you wear flat Old Navy flip-flops your foot widens and you learn to walk with most of your pressure on your heal- not the ball of your foot & toes. So, Try the wedge. It gives you support. It gives you a heal. And its slightly dressy- dress it up or down and you'll be happy! (PLUS the bonus is... its makes a crappy outfit look classy!)