Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Read

I just bought:


Water For Elephants.

I've heard really great reviews about this book. I read the Prologue and Chapter 1 so far. I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Also, I finished this book recently:


Eat Love Pray

I know several people that just didn't get it or like it at all. I, however, was not one of them. I really enjoyed the book and I really connected with the author. I feel like I really learned a lot from her journey to find peace and to grow more spiritual. The Third and final section of this book was a bit more slow for me, but all in all I really liked it. And it has good quotes in it. As soon as I get my copy back from my mom I'm going to post all the great quotes I underlined.

3 comments:

Janika said...

What a trooper! You blog even though not many people comment. I got your link from Arren Quigley. My blog is janikasfam. There are pictures of my new twins.

Melinda said...

I really enjoyed this book too! One of my fav quotes I found last night while reading this book again (lots of thinking going on while reading it the first time) ; "My thoughts have become like like old neighbors, kind of bothersome but ultimately rather endearing- Mr. and Mrs. Yakkity-Yak and their three dumb children, Blah, Blah, and Blah...There's room for all of us in this neighborhood." pg. 202, 1st paragraph

Walker family said...

When you finish water for elephants tell me what you thought, I have looked at this book numerous times at the store.